The world is a complicated, complex place. How do we make sense of it? Simplify it? Begin to understand it? … What is the fundamental nature of reality — the essence of God or Nirvana or the Universe or whatever we wish to call Ultimate Reality? Who and what are we, really? These are the questions this course seeks to answer.
Many of he world’s great teachers have answered these questions with a common message, though their words and labels differ depending upon their audience, culture and place in history. These teachers have been spiritual, philosophical, practical and scientific leaders, with the same message for mankind. In this course we seek to uncover that message by inspecting the overlapping ideas from these teachers rather than focusing on the less important differences. In a nutshell the message in common has been this: We create (and God, or the Universe creates) through consciousness and belief. There is no other way, no other means and no other reality. Consciousness and belief are at the core of reality (both material and immaterial) and the very essence of the known and unknown universe. Consciousness and belief are the ultimate tools and the fundamental products of the Creator.
The purpose of this course is to help you see and understand this common message. To do so, the course draws upon many sources of wisdom — ancient and contemporary, spiritual and practical, metaphysical and scientific. The message is non-denominational and universal in its origin and application. It has been proclaimed from the rooftops by spiritual leaders and founders of world religions. It has been an assumption behind many philosophical teachings and traditions. It is the hidden power behind scientific theories and discoveries. It is the key to success used by industrialists, capitalists, businessmen, politicians, kings, emperors and dictators.
We will approach this topic from many directions. Each lesson focuses on one of the sources of wisdom that proclaims this message. Each lesson has readings, notes and discussion questions to help participants understand the message. Discussion leader notes provide ideas on how to approach each lesson and suggested answers for the discussion questions.
This course is organized for small discussion groups of 3 to 12 people. In this environment participants can compare their understanding and relevant life experiences. However, individual (self) study is another way the course may be undertaken. Participant notes provide group members or individuals with questions to ponder and/or discuss. Answers are provided in the reading material or may be reasoned through. Discussion leader notes have suggested answers and expanded materials for consideration. These notes also offer suggestions on how to guide group discussions to maximize learning and optimize group interaction..
The Cheat Sheet
We begin the course with the answers — the “Cheat Sheet.” These are the insights we hope you come away with by the end of the course. We believe them to be the universal truths at the heart of the common message. For convenience we refer to Ultimate Reality with the word “God”. You should feel free to substitute whatever word(s) you prefer — Universal Consciousness, Nirvana, Tao, All That Is, The Universe, The Ground of Being, Allah, Jehova, Brahman, The Quantum Field, The Divine Matrix, The Force, etc.
Following is the “Cheat Sheet:”
- Truth is everywhere, so is love … they are aspects of God.
- God is one and all at the same time.
- God is everything and everywhere.
- You are part of God, or God is within you, whichever you prefer.
- God is consciousness. All things proceed from consciousness (awareness).
- Belief is the fundamental creative mechanism. It focuses and concentrates consciousness.
- Creation proceeds from the invisible to the visible.
- Creation proceeds from the intangible (or spiritual) to the material.
- Creation proceeds from the simple to the complex.
- Creation (consciousness) is bipolar. It is based on duality, relativity or comparison (all the same concept).
The “Understanding Reality” course is divided into twelve lessons each of which explores the common message and the 10 “Cheat Sheet” principles as taught by a different wisdom source:
- Lesson #1 — Jesus’ Teachings
- Lesson #2 — Buddha’s Teachings
- Lesson #3 — Hindu Teachings – Gandhi’s Bible
- Lesson #4 — Taoist Teachings – Lao Tsu
- Lesson #5 — Simple to Complex – Binary Code
- Lesson #6 — A Universal Message
- Lesson #7 — Roots of the New Age
- Lesson #8 — Nature of Personal Reality
- Lesson #9 — Reality and Personal Belief
- Lesson #10 – Frontiers of Science
- Lesson #11 – The Divine Matrix
- Lesson #12 – What’s Next?
Course Lessons and Discussion Leader notes are available separately, (or together for a discount of 25%). The course and discussion leader notes are provided online. Once you have purchased the course and/or discussion leader notes you will be given immediate access to the appropriate online pages. Please bookmark these online pages so you can return to the materials whenever you wish. We hope you find this course both enlightening and enjoyable.
Course Lessons 1 through 12 $19.95
Discussion Leader’s Notes $19.95
Lessons 1 through 12 + Discussion Leader Notes $29.95 (25% off)
© 2012-2013 GodInsideMe.com. All rights reserved.